Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Week

Gosh here it is Saturday morning at 3:38 in the morning. Now why am I awake and writing this blog entry, well let me answer that by explaining how Friday went for me...... I worked on Thursday night. It was really a busy night at the hospital, lots of admits, moving of patients and in general just a busy night. The shift is almost over and I am saying to myself "self hang in there only a few minutes to go and your shift will be over with!" Now I am a very organized person at work (don't laugh I really am ), but this night I am running behind, not too bad, but I am running a bit late. I have my assignments done for the next shift, my monitor tech assignments are made out and all I need to do is make copies and get them posted, so off to the copy machine. I set all the settings that I need and push the print button, the copies start to print, I wait for it to print and then remove the copies.....WTH they are all blank! Ok lets start over, yes the original is properly placed on the glass, print side down, the settings are all correct so lets try this again, I push the start button and my copies print. I remove them from the try and yahoo they are all copied just perfect......well except for the fact that I missed filling out part of the assignment sheet so I fix that and finally get it copied. So now I have printed 3 sets of assignment sheets, ok not to bad. Then I go to copy another form that I need to do, remove it from the tray only to find out I placed the wrong original on the machine......for crying out loud I do this every day why I am having so much trouble today? Ok finally get that done and taken care of, give report to the oncoming shift supervisor and think to myself "yahoo its over with!" look up and who is standing at the door.....my unit manager, ahhhhh crap, I say good morning and she says good morning and then procedes to ask if I can do a few things for her (now don't get my wrong I love my manager) but really it's Friday morning, I am supposed to be off for three days. But I say sure what do you need? She hands me a form she needs redone (I am the units form making guru) and asks if I can redo it for her and make a few changes. Sure no problem, this will take like 30 minutes tops. Yea right.......an hour later I finally have the form the way she wants it so I go to print it, it comes out with a wierd black line on it.....are you getting the picture that nothing with keys or buttons wants to take directions from me tonight?
So to make a long story short I take the printer apart and clean it and reprint the form for her and that is done. Ok I grab my purse and head out the door, get halfway to the parking lot and realize I forgot to clock out, darn it! So back I go to the unit and clock out. I get in my SUV and start towards home, the tire pressure warning light comes on, drats! So I use my cell phone and call my friend who works for a local tire company and ask if he is busy, he says no, so off I go to have the problem checked out. Well after finding one of my month old tires is really low, the guys found a screw in the low tire. Ok so they were able to fix the tire and I am on my way home for some sleep. I realize I missed dinner last night, haven't had any breakfast this morning and I am hungry, so I swing into a drive thru and grab a bite to eat. I drive home eat and get ready for bed, the clock reads 12:32pm. I get in bed and sleep races out the door, not to return until some time after 2:30 (the last time I looked at the clock). I slept until 9:00 at night. So I have read my emails, caught up on my blog reading, talked to my friend, gone through the mail (a hated chore for me LOL) and now here I sit unable to go to sleep and not much to do at this time of the morning. Oh well I guess I will go wrap my grandsons birthday present and do some reading.......until next time.

No comments: